Monday, December 12, 2011

EcoSystem and Field Notes review!

This review was taken from a previous blog attempt of mine! You can view it here for reference!

Two reviews in one! yes! I have a lot of extra time tonight, can you tell? Anyways, I have been meaning to review these guys to quite some time. I picked them up via online shopping and they've been sitting on my shelf for a while.

Are you guys ready for this? TWO fountain pen friendly brands!

First up is Field Notes. This brand has because pretty popular with fountain pen users, and I now know exactly why. They are fantastic. Equally as fantastic as EcoSystem products. The paper is smooth, but not slippery like some thick papers can be, and it has a bit of a grip.


In the Field Note's online shop, I purchased the Original 3-Pack, in graph and lined.


These guys are adorable and resemble pocket sized Moleskine Cahiers, but oh so much better! They are even covered in Kraft! The Original 3-Pack are offered in four varieties:


- ruled.
- graph.
- plain.
- mixed.


These tiny guys run at $9.95 per package, with shipping at $5.50 for USPS Priority, which is actually a pretty good deal, right? Right.

These beauties measure in at 3-1/2” by 5-1/2” and are bound using a "rugged three-staple saddle-stitch process." They contain 48 memo-sized pages of gorgeous paper!


As well as a information on both the inside front cover and backside inside cover. Note, I only photographed the backside.


As far as fountain penning goes, FN's react great! These samples were written with my orange Lamy, Medium Nibbed Safari, filled with a dark blue-purple mix that I accidentally made.

Front:


Back(what bleedthrough? I see no bleedthrough? What's bleedthrough? haha.):


*Also note, that in both samples(Eco and FN), I also did squiggles over each other 1, 2, 3nad three layers.)

Overall, absolutely wonderful, right!? If only they came in larger sizes. *sigh*. HOWEVER...they do come in colors! And even limited editions! If only I could get my hands on some of those puppies!


ONTO THE NEXT ONE....Ecosystem! I love these notebooks. The colors are great! I got myself the lime green/kiwi 'Author' in the small size. Measures in at 3 5/8" x 5 5/8". This particular version comes in other colors such as: Onyx, Lagoon, Kiwi, Watermelon, Clementine, and Grape. I would LOVE to try out some of their other items, too! The colors are memorizing!



"Each ecosystem author journal features lined paper so you can write with well-being and sustainability of the earth in mind. The 100% post-consumer recycled paper is smooth and the lines are begging to be written between.
Choose a cover format, flexi or hard; choose from our wide variety of colors; and, for a final touch, think about a pocket-insert for added functionality." Eco Website

These guys are fairly affordable and the small version that I have was $9.95 at our local bookstore. Sadly, they only had the small ones!


The paper quality in this notebook is wonderful. I think I am in love. With my wet Safari, I had no bleeding. NO BLEEDING! I used the same exact ink as I used above and had even better results! There is also an elastic band to keep your goodies from falling out of the book, as well as a colorful flap on the back!

Flap:


Front:


Backside:


Fabulous, right? I think so. I plan on converting mine into an address book! Be sure to check out more of this environmentally friendly company's products! The Adviser Planner and Pocket Inserts look really cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment