Monday, December 19, 2011

ECOSYSTEM - Limited Edition -

Ah, so pretty! Simone from EcoSystem sent me a wonderful notebook to review! She sent me an 'Author' notebook from their limited edition 'Geometry' line! I can't find any literature on their website regarding the line, unfortunately, but I could possibly just be blind...Either way, they are gorgeous! I was sent this fabulous coral and red beauty!




Now, if you aren't familiar with this brand, let me clue you in. Ecosystem is an awesome company that produces notebooks and planners of various sizes and colors using 100% post-consumer recycled paper. According to their website, "Every component that makes up an ecosystem book has been researched to ensure the most environmentally friendly materials or production methods are being used." All books/products are constructed in the US, as well! Another interesting feature...you can actually look at the ingredients IN YOUR BOOK!



The particular book that was sent to me is the 'medium' sized Author. Measurements given on the website are 5 1/4 x 8 1/4, which are definitely more exact than mine! They are offered in large (7 3/8 x 9 7/8) and small (3 5/8 x 5 5/8) as well as in several colors and styles. I am quite partial to the hard cover and flexi cover version. The particular one that I was sent is a flexi! I've never had one that was not hard covered, so this is a new experience for me! The 'normal' colors offered are: onyx, lagoon, kiwi, watermelon, clementine, and grape. The book I have here seems to be a pattern of clementine and watermelon triangles!

These are the other 'Geometry' patterns offered:



On the first page, you will find a section for your name and contact information.


Now, onto the most important part! Or at least I think it's the most important. The paper! The paper really is fabulous. I have run into some pretty nasty recycled paper because but this paper is just dreamy. It is a little bit on the creamier side as you can see from the photo below. I was comparing it to standard white filler paper.


As you can see, the lines are quite thinly spaced...I wasn't sure I would like it, but I decided that I am a fan!


All of the pages are perforated, which is also a really great feature. I don;t particularly like having to ruin multiple pages by ripping with no perforations, nor do i like when only a section (usually small!) of my notebook is perforated!


Now, I can tell you that this paper is great, but is there anything better than seeing the quality? I am a fountain pen user and I know how difficult it is to find fountain pen quality paper! This is definitely in the small grouping of 'GREAT' paper! The photos below tell it all. I used a variety of pens and I even tested the paper using rubber stamps and the standard black ink! Minimal show through! How about that?! WHAT NOW, MOLESKINE?!



With rubber stampings:



In all honesty, I have no complaints WHATSOEVER with this notebook! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment